The New York K-Startup Alliance holds a Startup Pitch Competition on December 8th, 2021 at the Korea Center Startup Branch, 460 Park Avenue (15th floor), New York, NY. This competition aims to promote entrepreneurship of Korean-American developers, scientists, engineers, and students in the New York Metropolitan area and encourage them to pursue building a promising startup. Of the many that apply, selected budding entrepreneurs will go head-to-head to compete individually or as a team to win an award of $3,000 plus continuous assistance, upon requests, from the New York K-Startup Alliance in various areas including formation, business plan, fundraising, legal, accountant and financial, marketing & channel introduction, and related technologies until they grow to the next phase of business.
New York K-Startup Pitch Competition
Date: December 8th, 2021 / Idea Pitch Competition
• A registered startup with at least one Korean-American cofounder(s) as of October 8, 2021
• Has received no more than US $3M in dilutive funding
• Less than 7 Years since incorporation
• 1st place: $3,000 plus support, upon requests, from the New York K-Startup Alliance
• 2nd place: $2,000
• Idea Award: $1,000 (selected among those that is < 2 years and raised no more than $300K)
• November 8, 2021 Due of Notification of Intention (optional)
(The Committee will provide support for preparation upon requests.)
• November 14, 2021 Application due
• November 19, 2021 Finalists notification
• December 8, 2021 Pitch and Winner announcement
• By November 14th, apply to the competition at https://bit.ly/3obzR46 with the following::
– The Customer – target customer and unmet needs
– The Value Proposition – benefits to the customer and the key differentiator of your solution
– The Innovation – innovation of your technology or solution
• Finalists will showcase their innovative solution, idea, or technology and will be assessed by a panel of judges on site.
• Each will have a total of 10 minutes (6 minutes to pitch and 4 minutes for Q&A with the panel).
• Confidentiality: Protection of intellectual property (IP) is up to the contestant.
The Competition Committee requires all attendees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to protect the health and safety of attendees. Or you may request a waiver for the mandatory COVID-19 vaccination for medical or religious reasons in advance. In this case, you should submit a negative PCR result 48 hours before arrival to firstname.lastname@example.org.